Thursday, March 1, 2012

She flies with her own wings

It seems like I woke up and became an adult without realizing it happened. I still feel like a child, granted, it doesn't help when most people who first meet me think I am still in high school. ouch. But instead of high school, I am married, getting ready to graduate college and start my "real life." College allows us all to make mistakes and live in a alter reality. We can stay for as long or as short as we want. For me, I don't like to waste time. Hence why I am almost done. But to leave this alter reality, I have to make life changing decisions and that is scary. A quote from Alice in Wonderland comes to mind.  

Where do I want to end up? In 20 years, where do I see myself? I will admit that I don't have all the answers. I want to be with Ryan, more in love than ever. I want to have children. I want to live close to my in-laws and parents. I want to be living in a place with sun and warmth. 
I want all these things but many of these things will have to wait. We are in no hurry. I love where we are at right now. Just Ryan and me having fun and building the foundation for the rest of our lives. But those decisions, those forks, we will have to choose between are still there. Which way do I want to go?  Right now I am not sure how to get to the places we want to end up. But I have an incredible man by my side and endless possibilities. Whatever the future brings, I am ready. I am an adult. =)

1 comment:

  1. Love you. I love reading your blog. You are such a great friend and example to me.

    ReplyDelete