Wednesday, March 7, 2012

i survived!

It is practicum season again and this time around I am not only doing my el ed practicum but also my TELL practicum. NBD. hahahahaha. Anywhoo, I started today at Riverside elementary in a 5th grade classroom and I can already tell it will be different from last practicum where I was in the 1st grade and yet, I am soooo excited! Riverside has video announcements and so they announced us to the school and we had to introduce ourselves while looking into a camera that was being broadcasted to the school.. great. so we had to say who we were, something about ourselves and which classroom we would be in. As soon as I announced which class I would be in, an eruption of cheers exploded in the halls as my class welcomed me. I immediately felt better. It was awesome. 
I spent the day getting to know the class and my surroundings. Now I am sitting in McDonalds because I was too lazy to walk up to campus and we have no internet at my house. Convenient, right? only upside is.. I have been sitting here so long that the employees took pity on me and gave me a free milkshake. woohoo! I already have tons of assignments to do but I am organized thanks to my previous epiphany about not procrastinating so I have already started some assignments and am ready to take this practicum on. All I have to say is, Bring it. I am ready to be a teacher and prove it to the whole world! =) 
The students I am working with are hilarious and full of spunk. I have a lot to learn and they seem to have a lot to teach me. This next month and a half will be a blast. It never ceases to amaze me how smart children are and how enthusiastic they can be. I hope that their enthusiasm for life and curiosity somehow rubs off on me. If not, I just hope that when I teach, I do not stamp out any of that desire to learn but instead, inspire them to push harder and go farther than they thought possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment