Tuesday, March 5, 2013

growing up, teeenage ages

Growing up, teenage years:
*What activities did you participate in?  (Sports, dancing, music, arts, etc.)  Explain what you did with each activity.   

in high school, i was involved in quite a few activities. i was in A.P. classes as well as national honor society and renaissance ( leadership) i also played volleyball and soccer and participated in choir all four years. Outside of school i attended seminary, which is an institute through my church that teaches about the gospel. seminary met at 6 am every morning. as i look back on all our activities i cant believe i did so many things and still kept my sanity. i was the kind of girl who wanted to do everything so i was never the best at anything. 

*How did you learn how to drive?  What kind of car did you have?
i learned how to drive by my mom. she took me out to the church parking lot and then on to deserted streets. i freaked my mom out more often then not because i thought i deserved to be in the middle of the road.it didnt matter about the actual car, it was about me. my physical being had to be in the middle. mom thought she was going to die. ;)   when i turned 16 my parents bought the toyota matrix and that became my car. it is still my mati. sure, she is getting a bit old but she was my first car. 

*Who were your friends? 
 in high school, i struggled with friends. i had friends, dont get me wrong. i had some good friends throughout my high school years. but as most teenagers, high school was full of drama and times of loneliness. i had a few loyal friends and i love them for what they taught me. 

*Did you have a girl/boy friend?  Talk about him/her
in high school i had 3 boyfriends. in my religion they advise us to not begin dating until we are 16, so my first boyfriend asked me out on my 16th birthday. we dated for 6 months. during that time we held hands, went on dates and hugged. for some reason, i never felt the desire to give him my first kiss and thus ended my first romantic relationship. 

my second relationship was full of drama. =) we had our ups and we had our downs. we were crazy about each other and drove each other crazy. our relationship was full of inside jokes and fights. he was my first kiss and the first guy i ever felt love for. we had a lot of growing up to do during our relationship and being together forced us both to do just that. we ended the relationship after 8 months to save our friendship and we have remained friends to this day. 

my third relationship started my junior year. we met through friends and he was the kind of guy who knew how to sweep a girl off her feet. together, we went through two proms, two high school graduations, two long distance relationship times (when he left for college in long beach and when i went to BYU) and finally ending our relationship after 3 years when he went on his LDS mission and i ended up meeting my eternal companion. we went through so much together and i grew into a better person by dating him. 


*What was your first paid job? 
my first paid job was as a receptionist at a podiatrist office. i started out working once a week then slowly working my way to everyday of the week at two different offices. it was a great first job that taught me how to be organized and helped me to develop good customer relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment