Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Growing up, early years

Growing up, early years: 

*Where did you grow up?  Describe it.

I was lucky enough to grow up on cheam avenue. it was a little 3 bedroom house in a cul de sac full of children.i shared a room with my sister who always made such a mess in our bedroom {totally joking... i was the messy roommate}i have so many fond memories with that house. playing in our doughboy pool, running around in the cul de sac, growing closer in that house. it was the perfect place to grow up in.  

*What was your earliest memory?
i have vague memories from pre-school times but my first true memory that i remember with absolute clarity is preview day at white oak elementary for kindergarten. i remember walking through all the classes meeting the teachers. and then i walked into mrs. frederick's classroom. she was sitting on the floor playing her guitar and singing. i was mesmerized and knew that was the class i wanted to be in. 

*What games did you play as a child?
i was a drama queen. nothing made me happier than singing and acting. luckily my sister and friends loved to play with me. =) we played house, hair salon, fairy land, anything that required our imagination. we were also really into making movies. we would come up with scripts and songs to sing. then we would enlist my mom or record it ourselves. we had so much fun coming up with the movie and then acting it out. all those videos have mysteriously disappeared but they are great memories.


*Where did you go to school? 
i went to school at white oak elementary school. i went there k-5th and then moved to middle school for 6-8th. 


*Who were your friends? 
i was fortunate enough to have amazing friends in elementary school. hannah, drew, erica, erika,sydney, and so many more. too many to name. they helped to make elementary school so much fun. i was even fortunate enough to have them all live near me so we hung out all the time. making movies, running around the neighborhood, and making so many awesome memories. thank you to those friends who made growing up such a great adventure. 

*Who were your favorite teacher and why?
i had incredible teachers in elementary school. white oak elementary was filled with outstanding teachers. mrs. mitchell (2nd) taught me to believe in myself. mrs. ginn (4th)  taught me to never give up. mrs. frederick(K) taught me to be myself and love myself for it. but my favorite teacher has to be mrs. beley (3rd) she was known as a hard teacher. she challenged her students and expected them to rise to the challenge. she had out of this world lessons. we made life size whales, memorized poems, dug up dinosaur bones and became inventors. mrs. beley taught me that hard work pays off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment