Tuesday, February 19, 2013

for reals

i am about to get a little religious. 

recently i have had a few experiences that have made me truly think about what i believe and what i want to do with that faith. 

the first experience is when i saw LIFE OF PI. it is such a good book and the movie was a pretty good representation. but my favorite part is at the end, when pi asked the author, so what story did you like better? and once the writer answered, pi simply stated "and so it is with god." such a simple sentence and yet it had me thinking for hours. there are so many stories of god on this planet; so many different ways to show our devotion and faith. there are so many different stories and it is up to us to choose which story best fits for us. i love movies that make us think and re-evaluate. this movie made me think about what i truly believe and why i believe it. it made me think about the story that best fits for me. if you would like to know more about it, you can visit http://mormon.org/

the second experience is when i went down to manti, utah. ry surprised me with an awesome weekend getaway. to read more about it you can go here he continues to amaze me. but while i was in the temple, that question came back into my head. "what story do you like better" and i really thought about what it was about the story that i liked. then i read alma 5 in the book of mormon and it reminded me of the meeting i will have with my savior. can i look at him once i die and tell him i have done everything possible to be a disciple of him? 

no matter what religion we are, our end goal is the same. to get back to our god, or savior and feel that we have done our best. i feel that is the beauty of religion. we all believe our own story, we all strive for different goals and yet we are united in our goals to be a better person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment