Monday, February 18, 2013

Birth and childhood.

My birth and family

*What is your full name and how did you get that name? Do you have any nicknames? 
My full name is Alexandra Shae Safford (now Ford) I was named after my great grandfather Alexander. My nickname is Alex for most, Al for some and galpal for my dad. 


*What are your parent's full names and birth dates and places? 
Dad- Kenneth David Safford. he was born on August 14th in Burbank, california 
Mom- Kellee Jolene Burkhead. she was born on March 2nd in Arcadia, California. 

*What is the date of your birth? Where were you born? What are some of the circumstances (when your mom went in to labor, how long, her doctor, your dad fainting, etc.) of your birth? 
My birthday is November 1, 1990 in Tarzana, California. I was born 4 weeks early so I was a little small =) My mom went into labor on Halloween night but because I was breach, they rushed my mom into a c-section. i was such a small baby that cabbage patch doll outfits were the only thing that would fit. 

*What are your sibling's full names and birth dates? 
sister- Hannah Arlene Safford. birthday- September 19, 1992. 
bro #1 Cole Christopher Safford. birthday- December 13, 1994
bro #2 Jack Arden Safford. Birthday June 16, 1998


*How did you help in your home?
We grew up with chores. We made our lunches almost every day for school, my sister and i were responsible to do the dishes every night, we had to make our bed and clean our rooms {something i could have really done better with} and we were always expected to help keep the house clean. once i was old enough to drive, i also helped drive my siblings around.

 *How was your relationship with your siblings and parents? 
I love my siblings. They are some of my best friends. I am really close to my sister. She has taught me so much about strength and love. She is so much fun to be around and is filled with life and enthusiasm. Cole and jack could not be more opposite and that is why i love them. cole is the artistic, bike riding cool guy. =) he is an example to me of fearlessness and fun. he knows what he likes and he sticks with it. Jackie- the family pitbull. he is a beast athlete and is so determined in everything he does. if he makes up his mind to do something, he finds a way. he is so funny and enthusiastic. 

I have always had a special relationship with my parents. they are two of the most inspirational people i have ever met. My mom is my best friend. i have been away from home for almost 4 years and it is still weird if i go more than 2-3 days without talking to her. she is my sounding board and the person i want to tell all my good and bad news to. I am my dad's galpal. we have a very special relationship and I feel so blessed to have such an incredible guy as my dad. He makes me feel so safe and helps me to feel grounded. he always knows exactly what to say and has the kind of humor that makes me always laugh. I love my parents and i am so grateful to have them. 

*What are some lessons you learned from you parents? 
wow. lessons i learned from my parents. there are quite a few lessons that my parents have taught me over the years. but i think the most important lesson they have taught me is the lesson of love. 
They are still 100% in love. They cuddle on the couch, leave notes for each other on the mirrors, surprise each other at work. they taught me how important it is to find the one who makes you the happiest and to show them just how happy you are everyday. i learned the value of love and the beauty of having so much love in a home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment