Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Well it is official.

I am a teacher. I was hired by Riverton Elementary to be an intern in the 2nd grade! 
I am ecstatic about the opportunity I have to finally have my own classroom and to inspire these little 2nd graders to learn and grow. My journey officially begins July 25th when the students have their first day of school! I am at a year round school which is exciting for me. This means I am on a 45/15 track. Go to school for 9 weeks and have 3 weeks off.
 I am completely blown away by this opportunity and cannot wait to start this new chapter. I have loved teaching in the 5th grade during this practicum but I have realized that I am definitely a lower grade teacher. I love story time and rug time. I like singing songs and learning brand new things with my students. My only prayer is that I do not let this little souls down. I hope that I can relate to these students and help them to love to learn. 
2nd grade, here I come! 

2 comments: