Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday funday!

With life as crazy as it is, I hardly have time to just sit back and relax. I force myself to plow through the weekdays knowing that the weekends are my time to reenergize and have a little fun. Sometimes having a little fun is little more than hanging out with the hubs. However, yesterday our mornings were spent apart. Ryan went on a bike ride and I went running. Ryan biked 45 miles (he wants everyone to know that during this said ride he ascended 1500 feet and then descended 1500 feet-obviously) I ran 4 miles. Not nearly as impressive when put up next to Ryan's 45 miles but hey, he was on a bike. Not fair..

When I run, I always feel so silly. You know you are an awkward runner, when even your mother tells you that you have bad form. great. love you mom. =)


Once we both worked out, we came back together and went on a food date. YUM! First we went to sensuous sandwich and had a blast just talking and eating. We then went and got Ryan's car from the bike shop... and proceeded to race to Cold stones. Dont worry, we abided (almost) all traffic laws. Ryan beat me. Dang it!
Then Ryan went to work and I went to a wedding reception. Every time I go to a wedding and see the happy bride, I am reminded of our wedding day and how absolutely amazing that day was. Plus it reminds me of the smoking hot man I get to have by my side for the rest of eternity. Heck yes!

In church today, it was stake conference and we learned a lot of different lessons. But one lesson that stuck with me was about sin and not allowing that sin to take over my life. I was struck by how a simple sin can turn into a fire that consumes our lives and turns us into different people. It made me reflect on the simple things in life that are contrary to the gospel and how dangerous they can be if we do not take care to avoid them.

It has been a great weekend and I am reenergized enough to make it through to next weekend! We have plans to go to the cabin with some friends! woohoo! Until next time.
Always keep your step moving toward happily ever after xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment