Thursday, January 19, 2012

life of an el ed major

9 classes, All with homework and group projects and lesson planning. 
It is enough to make me go crazy and yet, it also proves to me that I am in the right major because even with all the crazy group projects and weird teachers that leave me wondering what the point of the class is, I love what I am learning. I love knowing that I will be able to implement the ideas being taught and there is something so satisfying in coming up with a lesson plan or activity I actually plan on teaching! I am a nerd and proud of it. =) This week, I had 6 group projects. It took major planning and I am proud to say that after 13 years of grade school and 3 years of college I am finally learning the art of not procrastinating! I try and get all my homework done before the weekend so I can actually enjoy time with my hubby and then I begin homework for the next week a week before it is due. It has made my life a little more organized and less chaotic. I wish someone would have led me to this revelation sooner! haha. But with Ryan working two jobs and going to school and with me working and going to school, we dont have a lot of time to spend together. so we definitely take advantage of time together whenever we can. 

This weekend, we went to the SLC temple and did a session. It was absolutely amazing to be inside that gorgeous temple and to have ryan with me. It reconfirmed my love for him and I am so grateful to be married to such an incredible guy! then we got in-n-out and scarfed it down as we raced home so ryan could get to work on time. He is such a hard worker! I am really looking forward to February! 
     It is valentines day! 
     The vow comes out. Girls night out?? 
    We are going to Calfornia for a wedding and Ryan's brothers Homecoming!!!!!
    It's one month closer to my practicum! 

School can be stressful and it is such a comfort to know that I am not alone, that I have Ryan by 
my side. He is such a comic relief =) two nights ago we were watching Who Wants to Be a Millionaire. 
This is one of the questions: 
The nursey rhyme rub-a-dub-dub features three men in a tub, what type of profession isn’t mentioned as being in the tub?
A. Baker
B. Cobbler
C. Candlestick maker
D. Butcher

As we sat there, watching the poor contestant blank on the answer, Ryan commmented, "I think we are missing the real question here.  Why are there three grown men in a bathtub?"

No comments:

Post a Comment