Monday, January 2, 2012

New Years Resolutions

With the New year, like so many others, I have made some new years resolutions. These are things that throughout the year of 2011 I had hoped to improve and never succeeded. 

2012 will be different. 
No excuses. 
My Goals/ resolutions

1. run 500 miles.
One of my dreams is to run a marathon and enjoy it!  This is a big goal for me considering that when I ran track as a kid, I would throw up during every race and then continue running. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy track very much and yet I am determined to have a fit body and to be an active person. I may not run a marathon this year but I want to get to the point that running is something that is enjoable for me. hence, the goal of 500 miles. It  seems like the kind of goal that would allow me to achieve this fitness and happiness. I want to enjoy running and that will come with time. hopefully...

2. Stop biting my nails.
I am telling the world I have a horrible habit. I bite my nails. I have done so since I was a little girl and have tried to stop numerous times. It is a horrible habit and I really want to have pretty nails to paint. Plus, I just got married. I want to show off my ring without being ashamed of the man nails.

3. Read and pray every day.
Being spiritually fit is as important, if not more, than being physically fit. I want to refocus my relationship with my Heavenly Father and also grow closer to Ryan as we search the scriptures and pray together. If you would like to know more about my religion and what I believe in, feel free to visit lds.org.

Each year I make resolutions and every year, I look back and say "hmmm. next year" But not this year. I want to become the best version of myself and although these are not the only things I need to improve, it's a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment