Sunday, April 14, 2013

tons of change


Lots of excitement.

The past two weeks have been a ton of chaos and fun. A lot has happened!

we have been looking for a house for 2 months now. Up until this weekend, we have put in three offers. All of which did not work out. It was frustrating and hard to stay optimistic. Then this weekend, we went and looked at two houses. One was gross and the other was perfect. 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a beautiful kitchen and a GREAT backyard… all in our price range. It was a perfect starter home for me and ry. So we put in an offer and I held my breath. That night, we got a call and WE ARE HOMEOWNERS. I am so excited. It is the perfect place for ry and I to start our family. I will post some pictures and talk more about it soon.


 Hannah came to visit! My sister is in town and it has been so fun. She came on Thursday and will be here through my graduation on the 26th. She has already come to school with me, helped us pick out our house and went and saw safe haven with me. Its been a busy few days and I have loved having my sis here with me.


 We are living with our in-laws. Ry’s sister has a basement and she has so generously allowed us to live with her while we were house hunting. It has been quite the adventure moving in with her and her two boys. It has been fun but an adjustment. Ry and I are so used to just the two of us and now it is my sister-in-law, two nephews, her two dogs, our little cutie Harley and now my sister. She has been so nice to let us stay and I will be eternally grateful for her generosity.


  I  GOT A JOB!  This year, I have been doing an internship for my teaching license. It is a full time position in a classroom, where I am a teacher, teaching all day, going to all the school meetings and planning my own curriculum but…. Getting half a teachers salary until I officially graduate. This year has been amazing and I have grown so much as a teacher but it is nice to know that next year is set and that I am going to continue to teach and grow. I am lucky enough to be able to stay at my same school, something very rare for an intern and I will be moving from the 2nd grade to the third grade. My students were so excited to know that I was following them up to the next grade. I will be teaching a different class but I will still be with them. I feel so blessed and am so excited for this opportunity.

Well that’s it.. crazy busy and loving every minute of it. These next few months will continue to be crazy but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have my best friend by my side and with him, everyday is amazing.

Xoxo,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment