Friday, December 14, 2012

i am a teacher

It is so scary to be a teacher, teaching in a school knowing that psychos with guns might charge into my classroom and begin killing these precious innocent children. I cannot wrap my head around the terror, the confusion and the damage it would cause. What is wrong with the world? 
Not even elementary students are safe.
 Students who are innocent and so young have to fear death. They have to be afraid that someone will just come into their place of learning, a place that we as teacher facilitate as a safe place, and take away everything. 
How does one shoot a child? 
This shooting in connecticut has shaken me. As I look at my students, I cannot imagine why someone would ever even think about taking away their future. 
What gives them the right to play God like that? 
This world is turning into such a scary place. I fear for my students, for my future children. 
How could someone have so much evil in their heart? 

No comments:

Post a Comment